• What is the Immigration Health Surcharge and how much does it cost?

Non-EEA nationals applying for UK visa applications will be required to pay a healthcare surcharge, known as the Immigration Health Surcharge.

The Immigration Health Surcharge will able you to use the NHS same as UK residents, you will however still need to pay for services like prescriptions, dental treatment and eye tests.

You do not have to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge if you are applying from outside the UK for a Short-Term Study or Standard Visitor visa or any visa that will only last for 6 months or less.

The Health Surcharge is £200 per year for all visa applications except student visa. £150 for student visa application.

  • What is a BRP Card?

A Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) shows a person’s immigration status in the UK, A BRP card is a similar size to a credit card and holds biographic details (name, date and place of birth) and biometric information (facial image and fingerprints).

  • I have lost my BRP Card, what can I do? 

You can apply for a replacement BRP Card by getting touch with our firm who have helped many people in your situation. An application and evidence has to be filed with the Home Office for this application and you need to be very careful when completing this application so that the Home Office can reissue your BRP Card as soon as possible.

  • What is the visa priority service and should I use it?

UKVI offer a fast – track service that ensures your application will be processed within 5 days to 3 weeks, excluding postage time.

  • Can I use certified documents to apply for my visa?

No. The government requires that you submit the original documents for your application.

If you fail to do this, your application will be delayed until the original certificates are provided.

  • How much does the spouse visa cost?

UKVI currently charges £1195 for spouse visa application.

  • For how long do I need to be in a relationship to qualify for a spouse visa?

You need to prove you are married or in civil partnership with a British citizen or UK settled person, or have been in a de facto relationship for more than two years, then you may apply for a spouse visa.

  • How long can I live and work in the UK on a spouse visa?

A spouse visa allows you to stay in UK for 33 months. During this time, you may work without restriction, whether you’re employed or self – employed. You may also exit and re – entre the UK multiple times.

  • My Spouse/Partner is currently employed in their country of residence, can their income be included in the minimum income requirement?

No, if your partner is living and working outside the UK, then only your income can be counted towards the income requirement.

  • Both my partner/Spouse and I are currently working in the UK, can my partner’s income be included in the minimum income requirement?

Yes, if both you and your partner are living and working in the UK, then your partner/spouse income can be counted towards the income requirement.

  • How else do I meet the financial requirement?

You meet the financial requirement if you have one or more of the following benefits:

  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
  • Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme
  • bereavement benefits


  • Is it possible for a Tier 4 General Student to make an application for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa without returning to his/her country?

If you are in the UK with a successful entry clearance visa as Tier 4 General, then you are allowed to make application to switch into Tier 1 Entrepreneur, if you have specific funds.

You must have a minimum of £50,000 funds from:

  • Registered Venture capital firms regulated by the Financial Services Authority
  • United Kingdom Entrepreneurial seed funding competition which is listed as approved by the Trade and Investment website of the United Kingdom
  • Government Departments or delegated government departments in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland that have provided funds so as to set-up or expanding a business in the UK.

Students without this type of funding are not permitted to switch into the Entrepreneur category in the UK.


  • How much points are required for my application for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa to be successful?

In order to be successful in your application you must score a total of 95 points and fulfill all the requirements of the Immigration Rules.


  • How Can I challenge refusal of Tier 1 Entrepreneur application?

If your application for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa has been refused by the Home Office, UKVI, you can challenge the refusal of your application by way of an Administrative Review against the Home Office, UKVI

If the question that you need answering is not listed above please feel free to call one of our specialist Immigration Solicitors so we can help you in your matter.