Tier 2 General Specialist

The Tier 2 visa is for skilled workers coming to the UK to take up employment, should have been offered a salary of at least £30,000. To apply for this visa applicant must have a job offer and a certificate of sponsorship from their UK employer who has a valid Tier 2 sponsorship licence.

Tier 2 General UK Work Permit Salam Immigration

How to Apply?

There are three main steps involved in lodging an application for a Tier 2 visa.

Step 1: Sponsorship licence

The first stage is undertaken by the employer. Your employer will apply directly to UK Visas and Immigration for a sponsorship licence and will be assessed accordingly.

Step 2: Certificate of sponsorship

An approved sponsor applies for a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) for the position they would like a non-resident worker to fill. Once a CoS is assigned, the migrant may apply for their visa.

Step 3: Applying for the Tier 2 (General) visa

In this final stage, the applicant will submit a visa application using their unique CoS number and proof that they meet the Tier 2 visa requirements.

How long you can stay?

You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 General visa for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 1 month, whichever is shorter.

Your stay must start no more than 14 days before the start date on your certificate of sponsorship.

You can apply to extend this visa for up to another 5 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years.

A Tier 2 (General) visa is a points-based category. Points are awarded for the following:

  • Qualifications
  • Future expected earnings
  • Sponsorship
  • English language skills
  • Available maintenance (funds)

To be eligible for the Tier 2 work permit, you must have the necessary qualifications required for the position you have been granted.

What you can and can’t do

You can:

  • work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • do a second job in the same profession and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week
  • do a job which has a shortage of workers in the UKfor up to 20 hours per week
  • do voluntary work
  • study as long as it doesn’t interfere with the job you’re sponsored for
  • travel abroad and return to the UK
  • bring family memberswith you


You can’t:

  • get public funds
  • start working before you get the visa
  • apply for a second job until you’ve started working for your sponsor

You’ll need to make a new application if you want to do a second job that’s not in the same sector as your main job.

Why you should use us?

When you instruct us you will receive the following service that we take pride in:

Dedicated Case Handler

Fixed Fee

Expertise and Efficient

Each of our cases is handled directly by a senior solicitor in our firm; they are also assisted by at least a team of two other relevantly qualified team members, which includes solicitors and paralegals. This is to ensure that no question that is asked goes unanswered and no detail in your case is missed before submitting to the Home Office or the Tribunals in the UK.

A fixed fee is quoted right at the beginning when you contact us. This never changes. You can contact your team of lawyers as many times as you like during the course of your instruction and even after as we prefer to help clients even after we have won their case. We also promise to beat any genuine like for like quotation if you provide this to us.

The UK Immigration Solicitors that are allocated your case are all fully experienced in Immigration and Asylum Law. We spend considerable amount of time staying up to date with immigration laws that change. We also take great care in ensuring our expertise is always up to date. To make sure that your case is dealt with quickly and correctly we ensure that you receive a service that is efficient.

Contact the Immigration Specialists today

For guidance and support in applying for both the sponsor license and certificate of sponsorship contact us to speak directly to a qualified Immigration Lawyer.

Or you can email us by clicking the link below.

Or you can use our priority call back request by clicking the link below.